Buying Advice and Account Application
- The Purchaser to be the highest bidder who will pay the hammer price plus a premium of 20% plus VAT.
- Please see terms & conditions at the foot of the page for more details.
- Register your contact details, with us; either at the auction rooms, or from this web site by completing the Account Application Form, here. This is a once only requirement.
- Thompson’s will provide you with a buyer (bidding) number. If you applied for your buyer (bidding) number from this site by completing the on-line Account Application Form, then your buyer (bidding) number will be returned by email.
- bid using the quick bidding forms on each Lot. You will receive a confirmation email to say each bid has been received. We will also send you a bidding confirmation directly from our auction system, once all bids are received. It will be a pdf with each Lot number, your bid and it will say ‘not sold’ next to each lot; this is to be ignored as the sale won’t have taken place yet. Please check the bids and phone 01423709086 if any are incorrect.
- Methods of Payment: Cash, Credit Card (all usual cards accepted), Debit card. We do not accept cheques.
- Postage, packing, delivery, local or national, prices by arrangement. Please email or phone for details.
- Storage Charges of £5 per lot per day to ALL accounts if they are not collected by 5pm on the Monday following the sale.
- Lots marked in the catalogue with * are being sold for a VAT registered vendor and VAT at the appropriate rate will be added to the hammer price, as well as the buyers premium.
- Lots marked in the catalogue with a ‘@’ are being sold for a VAT registered vendor but the vendor is standing the cost of the VAT at the appropriate rate. The buyer will pay Commission plus VAT on the hammer price minus the VAT.
Of course as a buyer you may need some help getting your items home, so we offer a helpful and personal service and can arrange delivery or even postage(on smaller items) to your door. So with our email biding system and delivery service, you can bid from the comfort of your own home, although we thoroughly recommend the thrill of live bidding in the auction room!
For more information about registering an account, bidding at auction, or deliveries, please contact Thompsons on: 01423 709086 or email, email@example.com